DALLAS, Texas – August 9, 2012 – In July, Associa Cares, the philanthropic arm of Associa, distributed a total of more than $35,000 to families across the country in need of assistance following the effects of natural or man-made disasters.
Associa Cares relies on volunteers from national and local committees to help identify people in both Associa and non-Associa managed communities affected by tragedies.
Below is a list of the Associa companies that helped families in need in their respective areas of the country in July:
- Bellevue, Washington – A donation was made possible through EMB Management.
- Carmel, Indiana – A donation was made possible though Community Association Services of Indiana.
- Chantilly, Virginia – A donation was made possible through Community Management Corporation.
- Falls Church, Virginia – A donation was made possible through Legum & Norman, Inc.
- Houston, Texas – A donation was made possible through Principal Management Group of Houston and Houston Community Management Services.
- Raleigh, North Carolina – A donation was made possible through HRW, Inc.
- Richmond, Virginia – A donation was made possible through Community Group.
“Associa Cares was created to help families affected by tragedy, man-made or natural,” said Joey Carona, president of Associa Cares. “While we were saddened to learn about these tragic incidents, we are glad we had the resources available to help so many families.”
Associa Cares is a national nonprofit 501(c)3 organization created to assist families and communities in crisis as a result of natural and man-made disasters. Through donations provided at fundraising events across the country, Associa Cares is able to provide necessary goods and services to the families affected by these types of tragedies. If you know of a family who has been the victim of a natural or man-made disaster, go directly to www.associacares.com to submit a request.
Building successful communities for more than 30 years, Associa is North America’s largest community association management firm and serves its clients with local knowledge, national resources and comprehensive expertise. Based in Dallas, Associa and its 8,000 employees operate more than 150 branch offices in the United States, Mexico and Canada. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com and www.associacares.com. Find us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest, and watch us on YouTube.