DALLAS, Texas – January 26, 2012 – In the month of December, Associa Cares, the philanthropic arm of Associa, distributed a combined total of nearly $20,000 in relief funds to families across the country who were in need of assistance following the affects of natural or man-made disasters.
Associa Cares relies on volunteers from national and local committees to help identify people in both Associa and non-Associa managed communities affected by tragedies.
Below is a list of the Associa companies that helped families in need in their respective areas of the country for the month of December:
- Associa Corporate Headquarters, Dallas, Texas – The corporate office helped numerous families in the Bastrop County area of Texas affected by county-wide wildfires.
- Legum & Norman, Chantilly, Va. – L&N provided aid to local families whose homes were damaged from an earthquake.
- Real Property Management, Lewis Center, Ohio – RPM also helped a local family who lost their home in a fire.
- MAMCO Property Management, Mt. Laurel, N.J. – MAMCO provided relief to the victims of a house fire.
- EMB Management, Bellevue, Wash. – EMB helped a group of five roommates who were displaced after an apartment fire.
- Homeside Properties, Alpharetta, Ga. – Homeside provided aid to a family whose home was damaged by a fire.
- Colorado Association Services, Lakewood, Colo. – CAS helped a family who lost their entire home in a fire just one week after moving in.
- Association Services, Inc., – Hilton Head Island, S.C. – ASI provided help to a family whose home was destroyed by a fire.
“Thanks to successful fundraising efforts during the fall, we were able to help numerous families in need throughout December,” said Joey Carona President of Associa Cares. “As always, we hope these funds can aid the individuals, and families can begin the recovery process more quickly than they originally could have.”
Associa Cares is a national nonprofit 501(c)3 organization created to assist families and communities in crisis as a result of natural and man-made disasters. Through donations provided at fundraising events across the country, Associa Cares is able to provide necessary goods and services to the families affected by these types of tragedies. If you know of a family who has been the victim of a natural or man-made disaster, go directly to www.associacares.com to submit a request.
Building successful communities for more than 30 years, Associa is North America’s largest community association management firm and serves its clients with local knowledge, national resources and comprehensive expertise. Based in Dallas, Associa and its 8,000 employees operate more than 140 branch offices in the United States, Mexico and Canada. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com and www.associacares.com. Find us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and watch us on YouTube.