DALLAS, Texas – August 1, 2012 – In June, Associa Cares, the philanthropic arm of Associa, distributed a combined total of nearly $40,000 in relief funds to families across the country that were in need of assistance following the effects of natural or man-made disasters.
Associa Cares relies on volunteers from national and local committees to help identify people in both Associa and non-Associa managed communities affected by tragedies.
Below is a list of the Associa companies that helped families in need in their respective areas of the country in June:
- Austin, Texas – $2,000 went to Todd Benedict and Nicole Whitman after a May 24 house fire destroyed their home. A donation was made possible through Alliance Association Management.
- Carmel, Indiana – $2,000 went to Harold and Brenda Springfield after a May 28 house fire completely destroyed their home. A donation was made possible though Community Association Services of Indiana.
- Dallas, Texas – $1,000 went to a family after a June 5 house fire displaced a woman and her three children. A donation was made possible through the Associa Corporate Headquarters.
- Falls Church, Virginia – $1,500 went to Naomi Buchanan to assist with water and mold damage from an August 2011 earthquake. A donation was made possible through Legum & Norman, Inc.
- Honolulu, Hawaii – $1,500 went to Ronald Plumb when a June 11 water main break caused severe flooding to his home. A donation was made possible through Certified Hawaii.
- Lakewood, Colorado – $1,500 went to Kent and Sandy Mower to help repair their home after a May 6 lightning strike caused a fire. A donation was made possible through Colorado Association Services.
- Lewis Center, Ohio – $11,000 went to 11 families after a June 13 fire destroyed a seven-unit building and five-unit garage. A donation was made possible through Real Property Management, Inc.
- Novi, Michigan – $14,500 went to 18 families after a June 13 fire damaged a 12-unit building. A donation was made possible through Kramer-Triad Management Group.
- Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania – $2,500 went to a couple after a May 5 house fire destroyed their home and lost their dog. A donation was made possible through Mid-Atlantic Management Corporation.
- Tucson, Arizona – $1,500 went to a homeowner after a June 5 house fire destroyed the interior of his home and all of his belongings. A donation was made possible through Lewis Management Resources, Inc.
“It was a great privilege helping these families in their times of need,” said Joey Carona, President of Associa Cares. “Each situation was unique, and all were worthy of relief. We hope that these funds can help each individual start the recovery process sooner than originally planned.”
Associa Cares is a national nonprofit 501(c)3 organization created to assist families and communities in crisis as a result of natural and man-made disasters. Through donations provided at fundraising events across the country, Associa Cares is able to provide necessary goods and services to the families affected by these types of tragedies. If you know of a family who has been the victim of a natural or man-made disaster, go directly to www.associacares.com to submit a request.
Building successful communities for more than 30 years, Associa is North America’s largest community association management firm and serves its clients with local knowledge, national resources and comprehensive expertise. Based in Dallas, Associa and its 8,000 employees operate more than 150 branch offices in the United States, Mexico and Canada. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com and www.associacares.com. Find us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest, and watch us on YouTube.