DALLAS, Texas – December 14, 2011 – In the months of October and November, Associa Cares, the philanthropic arm of Associa, distributed a combined total of more than $100,000 in relief funds to families across the country who were in need of assistance following the affects of natural or man-made disasters.
Associa Cares relies on volunteers from national and local committees to help identify people in both Associa and non-Associa managed communities affected by tragedies.
Below is a list of the Associa companies that helped families in need in their respective areas of the country for the months of October and November:
- Associa Corporate Headquarters, Dallas, Texas – The corporate office helped numerous families in the Bastrop County area of Texas affected by county-wide wildfires.
- Community Association Services of Indiana, Indianapolis, Ind. – Through its Red Cross partnership, CASI helped various local families who suffered house fires.
- Benchmark Association Services, Las Vegas, Nev. – Also from a Red Cross referral, Benchmark provided aid to a local house fire victim.
- Legum & Norman, Chantilly, Va. – L&N provided aid to local families whose homes were damaged from an earthquake.
- Community Management Corporation, Chantilly, Va. – CMC helped local families who lost their homes in a flash flood, as well as local families affected by house fires.
- Morris Property Management, Nashville, Tenn. – Morris donated funds to the Nashville Rescue Mission for Women which was damaged by a fire.
- Lewis Management Resources, Tucson, Ariz. – Lewis aided local families affected by a flash flood.
- Colorado Association Services, Lakewood, Colo. – CAS helped a local family who lost their home due to a fire.
- Professional Community Management, Carlsbad, Calif. – PCM aided a local family whose entire home was destroyed by a lightning strike.
- Alliance Association Management, Austin, Texas – Alliance helped numerous families affected by the Bastrop County fires.
- N. N. Jaeschke, San Diego, Calif. – NNJ provided aid to a local family who lost their home in a fire.
- HRW Inc., Raleigh, N.C. – HRW aided a local family whose home was damaged by a fire.
- Vanguard Community Management, Schaumburg, Ill. – Vanguard provided help to a local family who lost all their possessions in a tragic house fire.
- Associa Mexico, San Jose del Cabo, BCS, Mexico – Associa Mexico came to the aid of a family whose home burned to the ground from a propane leak.
- Canyon Gate, Albuquerque, N.M. – Canyon Gate aided a family whose home was severely damaged by a fire.
- Mid-Atlantic Management Corporation, Plymouth Meeting, Pa. – Mid-Atlantic provided help to victims of Tropical Storm Lee who had their insurance claims denied.
“It was a great privilege helping these families in their times of need,” said Joey Carona President of Associa Cares. “Each situation was unique and all were worthy of relief. We hope that these funds can help each individual start the recovery process sooner than originally planned.”
Associa Cares is a national nonprofit 501(c)3 organization created to assist families and communities in crisis as a result of natural and man-made disasters. Through donations provided at fundraising events across the country, Associa Cares is able to provide necessary goods and services to the families affected by these types of tragedies. If you know of a family who has been the victim of a natural or man-made disaster, go directly to www.associacares.com to submit a request.
Building successful communities for more than 30 years, Associa is North America’s largest community association management firm and serves its clients with local knowledge, national resources and comprehensive expertise. Based in Dallas, Associa and its 8,000 employees operate more than 140 branch offices in the United States, Mexico and Canada. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com and www.associacares.com. Find us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and watch us on YouTube.