The Turrubiates family home in Goshen, Indiana caught on fire in early afternoon on December 22. According to the Elkhart Township Fire Department, the fire began in the attic of the home. No one was home during the incident and no injuries were reported. The home suffered smoke and fire damage, but luckily, the majority of the affected area was salvageable.
“We are glad Associa had the chance to help families like the Turrubiates,” said Colorado Association Services’ CEO John Cox. “While no amount of money can make up for emotional damage a house fire can cause, it can help to repair and rebuild a home.”
Associa Cares relies on volunteers from national and local committees to help identify people in both Associa and non-Associa managed communities affected by tragedies. Todd Larson of Colorado Association Services notified Associa about the family and their loss.
Associa Cares is a national nonprofit 501(c)3 organization created to assist families and communities in crisis as a result of natural and man-made disasters. Through donations provided at fundraising events across the country, Associa Cares is able to provide necessary goods and services to the families affected by these types of tragedies. If you know of a family who has been the victim of a natural or man-made disaster, go directly to www.associacares.com to submit a request.
Building successful communities for more than 30 years, Associa is North America’s largest community association management firm and serves its clients with local knowledge, national resources and comprehensive expertise. Based in Dallas, Associa and its 8,000 employees operate more than 140 branch offices in the United States, Mexico and Canada. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com and www.associacares.com. Find us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and watch us on YouTube.