On Monday, January 9, Joe and Gloria O’Brien along with daughter Katie lost their home and SUV to a house fire. The suspected cause was a dryer that made a ‘popping’ sound that later spread flames throughout the house and garage. The home and SUV were a complete loss, but fortunately no one was injured in the accident. The O’Brien’s will be out of their home for many months until they can rebuild it.
“A house fire is one of the most tragic disasters a family can face,” said CMC Virginia CEO Heather Graham. “I’m glad we were able to provide assistance through Associa Cares and hope the O’Brien family can return to normalcy sooner than expected.”
Associa Cares relies on volunteers from national and local committees to help identify people in both Associa and non-Associa managed communities affected by tragedies. Steve Philbin, chair of a local Associa Cares Committee and CMC Virginia, notified Associa about the family.
Associa Cares is a national nonprofit 501(c)3 organization created to assist families and communities in crisis as a result of natural and man-made disasters. Through donations provided at fundraising events across the country, Associa Cares is able to provide necessary goods and services to the families affected by these types of tragedies. If you know of a family who has been the victim of a natural or man-made disaster, go directly to www.associacares.com to submit a request.
Building successful communities for more than 30 years, Associa is North America’s largest community association management firm and serves its clients with local knowledge, national resources and comprehensive expertise. Based in Dallas, Associa and its 8,000 employees operate more than 140 branch offices in the United States, Mexico and Canada. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com and www.associacares.com. Find us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and watch us on YouTube.