DALLAS, Texas – December 14, 2016 – Associa, the industry’s largest community management firm, distributed $49,500 in the month of November, to families that experienced a crisis at home.
The money was donated on behalf of Associa Cares, an organization set up to benefit families across the country that are in need of assistance following a catastrophe at home such as a flood, fire or tornado. Associa Cares dollars are contributed by employees and fundraising events. It relies on volunteers from national and local committees to help identify people in both Associa and non-Associa managed communities affected by tragedies.
Below is a list of the Associa companies that helped families in need in their respective areas of the country in November:
- Salisbury, Maryland – $18,000 distributed to multiple families that suffered wind and flood damage. The donation was made possible through Legum & Norman.
- Romeoville, Illinois – $13,000 distributed to multiple homeowners affected by a gas leak explosion. The donation was made possible through Associa Chicagoland.
- Columbus, Ohio – $7,000 distributed to multiple residents displaced after a large-scale fire. The donation was made possible through Real Property Management & Community Management Solutions.
- Novi, Michigan – $2,000 provided to a family whose home was damaged following a main sewer line break. The donation was made possible through Kramer-Triad Management Group.
- Berlin, Maryland – $2,000 distributed to a family whose home was destroyed by a fire. The donation was made possible through Legum & Norman.
- Camden, New Jersey – $2,000 distributed to a family whose home was destroyed by a fire. The donation was made possible through Associa Mid-Atlantic.
- Wildomar, California – $2,000 distributed to a family of seven whose home was destroyed by a fire. The donation was made possible through Associa Equity Management & Realty Services.
- Tucson, Arizona – $2,000 distributed to a family whose home was destroyed by a fire. The donation was made possible through Associa Arizona.
- Dickinson, Texas – $1,500 distributed to a family whose home was destroyed by a fire. The donation was made possible through Houston Community Management Services.
“I want to take this opportunity to thank Associa employees and contributing vendors who have supported and donated to Associa Cares. It is because of their generosity that makes it possible to help families get back on their feet,” said Associa Cares Board Member Faith DeSmet. “We are ready to help out any family in need, whether or not they belong to Associa managed community, so please don’t hesitate to submit a request if you know of a family that could use our help.”
Associa Cares is a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization created to assist families and communities in crisis as a result of natural and man-made disasters. Through donations raised from Associa employees and at fundraising events across the country, Associa Cares is able to provide necessary goods and services to the families affected by these types of tragedies. If you know of a family that has been the victim of a natural or man-made disaster, go directly to www.associacares.com to submit a request.
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, and Canada. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.